A great place to live|work|worship|play.
"I want to use my experience and knowledge to continue as the next Mayor of Oceanside, your mayor."
- Deputy Mayor Jack Feller
I am asking for your support and your vote on November 3, 2020.
Serving is an honor.Serving as your representative on the Oceanside City Council is an honor and a responsibility I take very seriously. My top priority has always been Oceanside and for that reason the only higher office I will seek is Mayor of Oceanside. I want to use my experience and knowledge to continue as the next Mayor of Oceanside, your mayor. My goals are to protect our residents, improve city finances and fund upgrades to our infrastructure and parks. These are goals I will keep in mind with every vote I take. Keeping our city finances in check and our Safety Services strong so our residents feel safe is pivotal to Oceanside’s future.
Businesses and Projects,I have proudly supported from start to finish:
California Surf Museum
Purchasing and repurposing a colorful business and land to house this great new museum
El Corazon Aquatics Center
New Downtown Public Parking Garage
Bagby Beer Company
Springhill Suites by Marriott
El Corazon Field of Dreams
New El Corazon Senior Center & Kitchen
Mance Buchanon Park
Relocation of Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA
Beach, Pier and Harbor Facilities
Systematically Replacing Decades Old Restrooms, Beach, Pier and Harbor Facilities
Seven Mile River Trail
Seven Mile River Trail for Walking & Bicycle Use
New Museum of Art
Arrowood Golf Course
I am a longtime resident of Oceanside, first time in 1968 until 1974, came back in 1987 and have established a strong relationship with the community. Making my home here in 1987 with my wife Bunny of nearly 48 years we raised our three daughters who are all married and live in Oceanside. We have 22 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren.
My knowledge of local government and the community is balanced by my experience as a businessman. I sold my business, Port of Subs, in 2004 after 10 ½ years, and have been employed in both the public and private sector.
I have been a consistent sponsor of youth sports and sports leagues in Oceanside. I regularly attend Oceanside High and El Camino High School games and you will see me at all youth sporting events. I believe in supporting our youth as they are the future of our city.
I regularly visit many of the local Churches to understand their valuable participation in supporting our community.
Having volunteered for nearly thirty years as a member of many organizations, I still regularly attend local community group meetings to educate myself on their concerns. I am a proud servant of the Oceanside community; I enjoy my active role.
I have proudly served the community by volunteering with numerous non-profit civic groups especially the Oceanside Rotary Club and Oceanside’s own Ivey Ranch Park Association.
- Oceanside Seagaze Concert Series 1989 - 2000
- Oceanside Jaycees; Jaycee of the Year, 1992 & 1999
- Oceanside Rotary President 1993 - 1994
- Oceanside Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors 1996 - 1999
- Recognized as “Businessperson of the Year” 1996
- Trauma Intervention Program and Canine Companions board of directors; Women’s Resource Center, Oceanside Senior Citizen Center, Bread of Life, Friends of the Library
- Past President of the Oceanside Bobby Sox Softball League 1990 - 1992
- El Camino High School Wildcat Foundation Board of Directors 11 years
I have Helped to raise money to support all of these organizations.
Maintaining and increasing the quality of life in Oceanside is important to the residents and to my family. Business, housing, and job creation keeps residents in Oceanside where they can live, work, worship and play providing a stable family environment. Therefore, I ran for the city council and won in 2000 and why I am asking for your support on November 3, 2020 to become the next Mayor of Oceanside, your mayor.
(Photo: Jack and Bunny celebrating 47 years at the Oceanside Pier.)
- Supervisor Jim Desmond
- Supervisor Kristin Gaspar
- Oceanside Mayor Peter Weiss
- Oceanside Councilman Ryan Keim
- Poway Mayor Steve Vaus
- Vista Mayor Judy Ritter
- Vista Councilwoman Amanda Rigby
- San Marcos Mayor Rebecca Jones
- Coronado Mayor Richard Bailey
- La Mesa Councilman Bill Baber
- Lemon Grove Councilman Jerry Jones
- El Cajon Mayor Bill Wells
- CUSD Board Member Ray Pearson
- Poway School Board Member T.J. Zane
- Former OUSD Board Member Emily Wichman
- Former Oceanside Fire Chief Dale Geldert
- Former Vista City Manager Rita Geldert
- Oceanside Planning Commissioner Susan Custer (current)
- Saundra Waecker
- Duane Siegman
- Gloria Giorella
- Jan Harryman
- Colleen Vogel
- Steve Hasty
- Joan Parro
- Donna Hill
- Patty Remington